Redirect unauthenticated users to a custom login page
If unauthenticated users attempt to access an Okta-managed application outside of Okta, you can redirect them to a default or custom login page.
- In the Admin Console, go to Applications >Applications.
- Select the app integration where you want to add the redirect.
- Click the General tab.
- Click Edit in the App Embed Link section.
- Select one of the following in the Application Login Page section:
- Use the default organization login page: This is the default setting. Unauthenticated users are redirected to your Okta sign-in page.
- Use a custom login page for this application: If you select this option, enter the custom Login page URL. Okta will append the relay state using a query parameter called fromURL.
Your external application must be configured to use a GET binding when validating the response. POST bindings are not supported.
The redirect URL to your custom login page is url-encoded and will look similar to the following:
- Click Save.