Application Inventory for macOS
About Okta Mobility Management
- The OMM menu is available only to orgs that implement Okta Mobility Management (OMM).
- Operations documented in this article are available only to customers who have already purchased OMM for their organization. New OMM sales are not supported. For more information, contact Okta Support.
Application Inventory allows you to see and evaluate the applications your end users install on their macOS devices. Screenshot
- Collect data required for software audits and avoid the costs associated with exceeding terms of software licenses.
- Eliminate the need for tools used to keep track of contracts and licenses.
- Help assess the security state of end user macOS devices so that if a bad app is detected, organizations can deprovision enterprise data from insecure devices.
- Empower help desks to quickly gain a fuller insight into compromised devices.
Access the feature
To access Application Inventory, go to Devices
Note: macOS devices that are enrolled after you enable Application Reporting begin reporting their end-user installed applications almost immediately, in real-time. However, devices enrolled before you enable Application Reporting may take up to 24 hours before they begin to report.
- Click Download CSV to download a csv file containing aggregated device data for all apps.
- Click an app's Device Count link to export device data for the app.