About Okta Mobility Management
- The OMMAn acronym for Okta Mobility Management. OMM enables you to manage your users' mobile devices, applications, and data. Your users enroll in the service and can then download and use managed apps from the Apps Store. Managed apps are typically work-related, such as Box or Expensify. As an administrator, you can remove managed apps and associated data from users' devices at any time. You can configure policies, such as data sharing controls, on any of your managed apps. See Configuring Okta Mobility Management for more information. menu is available only to orgs that implement Okta Mobility Management (OMM).
- Operations documented in this article are available only to customers who have already purchased OMM for their organization. New OMM sales are not supported. For more information, contact Okta Support.
Application Inventory allows you to see and evaluate the applications your end usersEnd users are people in your org without administrative control. They can authenticate into apps from the icons on their My Applications home page, but they are provisioned, deprovisioned, assigned, and managed by admins. install on their macOS devices. Screenshot
- Collect data required for software audits and avoid the costs associated with exceeding terms of software licenses.
- Eliminate the need for tools used to keep track of contracts and licenses.
- Help assess the security state of end user macOS devices so that if a bad appAn abbreviation of application. Essentially, it is a web-based site used to perform any number of specific tasks, and requires authentication from end users by signing in. is detected, organizations can deprovision enterprise data from insecure devices.
- Empower help desks to quickly gain a fuller insight into compromised devices.
To access Application Inventory, go to Devices
Note: macOS devices that are enrolled after you enable Application Reporting begin reporting their end-user installed applications almost immediately, in real-time. However, devices enrolled before you enable Application Reporting may take up to 24 hours before they begin to report.
- Click Download CSV to download a csv file containing aggregated device data for all apps.
- Click an app's Device Count link to export device data for the app.