Disconnect users from Active Directory
When you disconnect users imported from Active DirectoryActive Directory (AD) is a directory service that Microsoft developed for the Windows domain networks. It is included in most Windows Server operating systems as a set of processes and services. Initially, Active Directory was only in charge of centralized domain management. (AD), they become native Okta users. This is helpful when you need to edit user fields such as an email address, or you want to prevent updates from being automatically synchronized from AD. To return users to being AD mastered, reimport them to link their Okta accounts to their AD accounts.
- On the Okta AdminAn abbreviation of administrator. This is the individual(s) who have access to the Okta Administrator Dashboard. They control the provisioning and deprovisioning of end users, the assigning of apps, the resetting of passwords, and the overall end user experience. Only administrators have the Administration button on the upper right side of the My Applications page. Console, click Directory > People.
- Click More Actions > Disconnect From AD.
- Select one of the following options:
- To disconnect specific users, select individual users and click Disconnect Selected.
- To disconnect all users, click Disconnect All.
- In the Disconnect People from Active Directory dialog box, select a password reset option and then click Disconnect People. If you select Don't reset passwords, users are locked out of Okta and are unable to sign in to Okta with their AD credentials.