Enable the LDAP interface
When you enable the LDAPLightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) is a lightweight client-server protocol for accessing directory services, specifically X.500-based directory services. LDAP runs over TCP/IP or other connection oriented transfer services. interface, the values you use to connect to the LDAP Interface are displayed. Click View Logs to view LDAP Interface events in the log. The logs can help you troubleshoot connection issues.
- Sign in to the Okta AdminAn abbreviation of administrator. This is the individual(s) who have access to the Okta Administrator Dashboard. They control the provisioning and deprovisioning of end users, the assigning of apps, the resetting of passwords, and the overall end user experience. Only administrators have the Administration button on the upper right side of the My Applications page. Console with Super adminThe super admin receives full access to every item in the Administrative Console and is the only role that can assign administrator roles to other user accounts. Accounts with other administrator role assignments have reduced functionalities to different permission sets. Contact Okta support to create an Okta Mastered account with Super Admin rights. privileges and click Directory > Directory Integrations.
- Select one of the following options:
- If you do not have any directory integrations configured, click the Add LDAP Interface button.
- If you do have other directory integrations configured, click Add Directory > Add LDAP Interface.
- The LDAP Interface is Active by default. To disable it, click the status button and select Deactivate. The status will show as Inactive.