Confirm imported Active Directory user assignments
When Active DirectoryActive Directory (AD) is a directory service that Microsoft developed for the Windows domain networks. It is included in most Windows Server operating systems as a set of processes and services. Initially, Active Directory was only in charge of centralized domain management. (AD) users are imported, Okta matching algorithms are applied to analyze the incoming AD users and to determine if there is a match to existing Okta users or to imported accounts. During import and account creation, a duplicate account is created in Okta that mirrors (field mapping and data) and is associated with the imported AD account.
Super adminThe super admin receives full access to every item in the Administrative Console and is the only role that can assign administrator roles to other user accounts. Accounts with other administrator role assignments have reduced functionalities to different permission sets. Contact Okta support to create an Okta Mastered account with Super Admin rights. or OrgThe Okta container that represents a real-world organization. adminAn abbreviation of administrator. This is the individual(s) who have access to the Okta Administrator Dashboard. They control the provisioning and deprovisioning of end users, the assigning of apps, the resetting of passwords, and the overall end user experience. Only administrators have the Administration button on the upper right side of the My Applications page. permissions are required to perform this task.
- On the Okta Admin Console, click Directory > Directory Integrations > Active Directory > Import.
- Review the imported users and the matching Okta user assignments.
- To modify the Okta user assignments, click the down arrow icon in the upper right corner of the Okta user and select one of these options:
- Exact— The imported AD user must match an existing Okta user exactly.
- New — If there is no existing match in Okta, the imported AD user is assigned to a new Okta user.
- Existing — You can match an imported AD user with an existing Okta user. Click Specify and begin typing the Okta username. A list of matching usernames displays. Select the correct user from the list.
- Ignore — You can opt to ignore this user. The user will not be assigned an Okta user assignment.
- Click Confirm Assignments. You can confirm individual assignments or select all check boxes at once.
- Optional. Select Auto-activate users after confirmation if you want users to be activated immediately.
- Click Confirm.
The assignments are processed. There should be no more records displayed in the Import Results pane.Top