Confirm imported Active Directory user assignments
When Active Directory (AD) users are imported, Okta matching algorithms are applied to analyze the incoming AD users and to determine if there is a match to existing Okta users or to imported accounts. During import and account creation, a duplicate account is created in Okta that mirrors (field mapping and data) and is associated with the imported AD account.
Super admin or Org admin permissions are required to perform this task.
- In the Admin Console, go to Directory > Directory Integrations > Active Directory > Import.
- Review the imported users and the matching Okta user assignments.
- To modify the Okta user assignments, click the down arrow icon in the upper right corner of the Okta user and select one of these options:
- Exact— The imported AD user must match an existing Okta user exactly.
- New — If there is no existing match in Okta, the imported AD user is assigned to a new Okta user.
- Existing — You can match an imported AD user with an existing Okta user. Click Specify and begin typing the Okta username. A list of matching usernames displays. Select the correct user from the list.
- Ignore — You can opt to ignore this user. The user will not be assigned an Okta user assignment.
- Click Confirm Assignments. You can confirm individual assignments or select all check boxes at once.
- Optional. Select Auto-activate users after confirmation if you want users to be activated immediately.
- Click Confirm.
The assignments are processed. There should be no more records displayed in the Import Results pane.