Enable Okta-mastered user Organizational Unit updates
When an Okta-mastered user or a user mastered by a human resources application is added to an Okta group that provisions to Active Directory (AD), the matching AD user is automatically moved to the organizational unit (OU) to which the group provisions. Your organization can provision multiple groups to AD and each of the groups can provision to a different OU. When a user belongs to multiple groups, group priority order determines which OU the user is added. The group priority order is respected when a user is added to a group, and the OU does not always change.
- In the Admin Console, go to Directory > Directory Integrations
- Click an Active Directory (AD) instance.
- Click the Provisioning tab and select To App in the FILTERS list.
- Click Edit in the right pane.
- Select the Update OU when the group that provisions a user to AD changes check box.
- Scroll down and click Save.