Download and install the Okta On-Premises Provisioning agent
To allow the exchange of user and group data between Okta and your CSV directory, you need to install and configure an Oktaa ProvisioningProvisioning is the enterprise-wide configuration, deployment, and management of multiple types of IT system resources. Specifically, provisioning provides users access to equipment, software, or services. This involves creating, maintaining and deactivating required business process automation objects and attributes in systems, directories, and applications. AgentA software agent is a lightweight program that runs as a service outside of Okta. It is typically installed behind a firewall and allows Okta to tunnel communication between an on-premises service and Okta's cloud service. Okta employs several agent types: Active Directory, LDAP, RADIUS, RSA, Active Directory Password Sync, and IWA. For example, users can install multiple Active Directory agents to ensure that the integration is robust and highly available across geographic locations.. The installation of the Okta Provisioning Agent also lets you use additional provisioning functionality such as profile push, password push, user deactivation, group push, user import, and group import.
- On the Okta AdminAn abbreviation of administrator. This is the individual(s) who have access to the Okta Administrator Dashboard. They control the provisioning and deprovisioning of end users, the assigning of apps, the resetting of passwords, and the overall end user experience. Only administrators have the Administration button on the upper right side of the My Applications page. Console, click Directory > Directory Integrations > Add Directory.
- Select Add CSV Directory.
- In the Add CSV Directory page, enter a name for the CSV Directory in the Application label field and click Done.
- Go to Settings > Downloads.
- Scroll to the Okta Provisioning Agents section, and download the Okta Provisioning Agent for your operating system.
- Complete the agent installation. See Install the on-premises provisioning agent.