Assign Box to Okta groups and configure group push
Use group push to use Active Directory (AD) or Okta to manage Box groups and group membership. Group push lets you push Okta groups to existing groups in Box, even if the Okta and Box groups have the same name. If you have a Box instance with existing groups and you want to manage groups or group memberships in Okta or AD, you migrate the Box groups to Okta and you link the Okta groups to the Box groups. This process makes Okta the profile master for Box groups.
- On the Okta Admin Console, click Applications.
- In the search field, enter Box.
Click the application name link for the Box app you want to modify.
Click the Assignments tab and click Assign > Assign to Groups.
Click Assign to assign the group to Box.
- Optional. Repeat step 5 to assign additional groups to Box.
- Click Done.
- Click the Push Groups tab and select By name or By rule in the PUSHED GROUPS list.
- Enter the group name in the Enter a group to push field and click Save.