Enable RingCentral bidirectional attribute synchronization
Typically, Okta or Active Directory (AD) are the sources of truth for user profile attributes. When you integrate RingCentral with Okta, the Direct Number and Extension attributes must come from RingCentral. Enabling bidirectional synchronization for these attributes allows RingCentral attribute data to be shared with Okta or AD.
- Contact Okta support and ask to have profile sourcing and push functionality enabled.
- In the Admin Console, go to Directory > Profile Editor.
- In the Search field, enter RingCentral.
- Click Profile for the RingCentral User instance you want to edit.
- Click Add Attribute, select DirectNumber and Extension Number, and click Save.
- Click Mappings and select the RingCentral to Okta User tab.
- Map a user's phone number to the primaryPhone attribute and click Save Mappings. For example, entering
(appuser.directNumber != null ? appuser.directNumber : "") + "#" + appuser.extensionNumbermaps the user's primary phone number and extension to the primaryPhone attribute.
- Set RingCentral as the profile source for the primaryPhone attribute:
- Click Applications and enter RingCentral in the Search field.
- Click the RingCentral link for the RingCentral app you want to edit.
- Click the Provisioning tab and select To Okta in the SETTINGS list.
- Scroll down and in the Okta Attributes Mappings area, click Go to Profile Editor.
- Click the Information () icon for the primaryPhone attribute.
- In the Source priority list, select Override profile source and select RingCentral in the Add Source list.
- Click Save Attribute.
- Optional. If you have other applications acting as profile sources, confirm the RingCentral source priority is set correctly:
- Go to Directory > Profile Sources.
- Move RingCentral up or down in priority.