Create the Okta enterprise app in Azure Active Directory
To let Azure Active Directory communicate and exchange data with Okta, you need to create an Okta enterprise app in Azure Active Directory.
Before you begin
You need the following to integrate Azure AD with Okta:
An Okta instance
An Azure Active Directory Premium instance
A Microsoft 365 developer account
Start this task
- Sign in to the Microsoft Azure portal, click the portal menu icon in the top left, and select Azure Active Directory..
- In the right pane, click Enterprise application in the Create area.
- Click Non-Gallery application.
- In the Name field, enter Okta or your preferred name for the application, and click Add.
- Click Single sign-on in the left menu and click SAML.
- In the SAML Signing Certificate area, select Download for Certificate (Base64), and download the certificate to your computer.
You'll need the certificate when you make Azure Active Directory an identity provider in Okta.
- In the Set up Okta area, record the values in these fields:
- Azure AD Identifier
You'll need these values when you make Azure Active Directory an identity provider in Okta.