Provision on-premises applications
The provisioning features of Okta Lifecycle Management automatically manage accounts for your entire organization.
On-premises provisioning combines your on-premises applications and a SCIM server or custom connectors together with the Okta Provisioning Agent to send user information to and from Okta. Okta makes calls to the applications through your corporate firewall in order to create new user accounts, update attributes, and deactivate users as needed, all based on the user assignment rules configured in Okta.
Okta supports provisioning and deprovisioning for any on-premises application in one of two methods:
- Using an active directory (AD) instance that manages user accounts
- A web services API that Okta can access using a publicly addressable connection
These topics cover everything you need to know about the implementation of on-premises provisioned applications.
- Enable the Transport Layer Security 1.2 protocol
- Install the Okta Provisioning Agent
- Create an instance of your on-premises app in Okta
- Create and test SCIM connectors
- Connect to a SCIM connector
- Configure the API call timeout period
- Make an on-premises application the profile master
- Upgrade an Okta Provisioning Agent
- Uninstall and reinstall the Okta Provisioning Agent