Receive reports by email
The Reports Delivered by Email opt-in feature gives you an option to receive reports by email. We recommend opting in for this feature to save time, reduce the rate limit usage, and access and download reports easily.
Currently, you can receive the following reports by email:
- Okta Usage
- Okta Password Health
- Current Assignments
- MFA Usage
- Application Usage*
- App Password Health*
*This is an Early Access feature. To enable it, use the Early Access Feature Manager as described in Manage Early Access and Beta features.
Before you begin
- You are signed in to your Okta org as an admin in a live session.
- You have the required permissions to request and view the report.
Get the report by email
- In the Admin Console, go to Reports.
- Select Okta Usage, Okta Password Health, Application Usage, App Password Health, Current Assignments, or MFA Usage.
- Set the To and From dates, user, group, and parameters as required.
- Click Run Report. A confirmation message appears with the email address to which the report is sent, typically, the email address associated with your admin account.
If you have the new Admin Dashboard enabled, click Request this report.
- Once the report is ready, you receive an email notification. If the report was successfully generated you receive an email notification with the download link to the report. If the report request failed, you will get an email notification asking you to sign in and request the report again. If you do not have permissions to view the report, you see a 403 error.
The download link for the report is only valid for seven days. You have to request the report again after the link expires.