Voice Call authentication (MFA)
To sign in, you must enter a security token that is generated and then sent to you via phone call from a mobile device or land line phone.
The sender ID or phone number that appears on end users' devices may change from one sign-in to another. This allows Okta to maintain service reliability and delivery.
If your org uses a single phone number to authenticate multiple end users:
- All users will enroll in this factor with the same phone number.
- Due to a high level of user activity, the number may be blocked. If this occurs, contact Okta Support immediately to confirm that the number is trusted by your org.
Configure Voice Call authentication
The first time users sign in to their orgs after you configure this factor, they see the Extra verification is required for your account page and must perform the following steps:
- Click the Setup button beside Voice Call.
Enter the number for the mobile or landline phone on which you want to receive the call. An extension number can be entered for landline business phones, as illustrated in the sample image under Sign-In Experience.
- Click the Call button.
- The number is verified with a call and a Call is in progress... message appears. Enter the provided code into the Enter code box.
- Click the Verify button, then Done, if needed.
When signing in for an Okta session, your end user is presented with the Enter your voice call verification code page.
To authenticate, end users do the following:
Click the Call button.
Receive the call message from their mobile device or land line phone. This voice call provides the required code.
Enter the code into the Enter code box and click the Verify button. They are immediately authenticated into Okta.
Reset Voice Call authentication
End users can reset and configure their settings if their phone is lost or they get a new phone number by doing the following:
- Select Settings from the drop-down menu under your name on your Okta Home page.
- Click the Edit Profile button.
- Scroll down to the Extra Verification section.
Click the Reset button beside Voice Call, as shown below.
- On the following page, add the new phone number, then click Update to change and reconfigure it.