Add an Event Hook
After creating your external service (your code), you need to connect the external service with Okta and enable it for a particular process flow.
Only Super Admins can view and configure event hooks.
- In the Admin Console, go to Workflow > Event Hooks.
- Click Create Event Hook.
Define the following attributes:
- Name: a descriptive name for the event hook
- URL: the external service's endpoint URL, to which the event hook sends the request
- Authentication field: the name of the authorization header
- Authentication secret: the value string that corresponds to the field name
- Custom header fields: optional field name / value pairs to send with the request
- Subscribe to events: the specific event types you want to use the event hook to deliver
- Click Save & Continue. The event hook is now Active.