Automatically update an app username
If you have overridden the existing app user name format, you can use selective attribute push to continuously update app user names as user profile information changes. For example, if a user is assigned to an app that uses an email address as the user name format, Okta can automatically update the email address when the email address changes. This functionality applies to all apps and is not limited to apps with provisioning capabilities.
- In the Admin Console, go to Directory > Profile Editor.
- Select Apps in the FILTERS list.
- Select Mappings for the app and select Configure User mappings.
- Select the Okta to App tab.
- Click next to userName and select Apply mapping on user create and update.
- Click Save Mappings and Apply updates now.