Override an app user name
Change the default app user name mapping to meet the specific requirements of your org. You initially define the default user name format on the on the app Sign-on or Provisioning tabs of the app.
If you attempt to change the default user name and User sets username and password is selected on the Sign On page, an error occurs.
For Active Directory, the user name is referred to as common name (cn).
- In the Admin Console, go to Directory > Profile Editor.
- Select Apps in the FILTERS list.
- Click Mappings and select Configure User mappings for the app user mapping you want to edit.
- Choose the mapping direction App to Okta.
- Select Override with mapping.
- If you selected Override with mapping:
Select an attribute from the drop-down or enter an expression to create the app username.
- Optional. Click to set the push frequency for the attribute.
- Click Save Mappings and Apply updates now.