Edit app provisioning settings
- In the Admin Console, click Applications.
- In the Search field, enter the name of the application.
- Click the application name link.
- Click the Provisioning tab. If the Provisioning tab is not available, the app does not support provisioning.
- Select To Okta in the SETTINGS list.
- Click Edit and edit the General settings.
Use this section to schedule imports and the username format for imported users. You can also define a percentage of acceptable app assignments before the About import safeguards feature is automatically triggered. If the Okta username is overridden due to mapping from a provisioning-enabled app, the custom mapping appears here.
- Edit the User Creation & Matching settings:
Imported user is an exact match to Okta user if: Exact matching occurs when the Okta username format, email, attribute (base or custom), or attribute combination matches that of an Okta user.
Allow partial matches: Partial matching occurs when the first and last name of an imported user match those of an existing Okta user, but the user’s username or email address do not.
Confirm matched users: Select to automate the confirmation or activation of existing users. Unchecked, matches are confirmed manually.
- Confirm new users: Select to automate the confirmation or activation of a newly imported user. If this option is selected, you can clear it during import confirmation. Note that this feature does not apply for users who already exist in Okta.
- Edit the Profile & Lifecycle Mastering settings:
Allow <app> to master Okta users: Determine what happens when a user is deactivated or reactivated in an app.
Remember that only the highest priority profile master for that Okta user can deactivate or suspend an Okta user. To verify the highest priority profile master, review the Profile Masters page.
When a user is deactivated in the app: Choose to deactivate, suspend, or do nothing. Do nothing prevents activity in the app from controlling the user cycle, but still allows profile master control of attributes and mappings.
When a user is reactivated in the app: Choose whether reactivation in the app applies to suspended or deactivated Okta users. When a user is reactivated in the app, the user profile must be an exact match to the Okta profile for the reactivation to also occur in Okta. Otherwise, after importing the reactivated users, they appear in Pending Activation state.
- Edit the Inline Hooks section.
Use this section to add custom logic to the process of importing new users into Okta from an app. You can resolve conflicts in profile attributes and control whether imported users are treated as matches for existing users. To enable an import inline hook, see Inline Hooks.
- Edit the Okta Attribute Mappings.
Use this section to edit attributes and mappings in the Profile Editor.
- Click Save.