Map Okta attributes to app attributes to make Okta the single source of truth for user data or the recipient of user data.
- In the Admin Console, go to Directory > Profile Editor.
- Optional. Select Okta, Apps, Directories, or Identity Providers in the Filters list to filter the list of apps.
- Click Mappings for the app and select Configure User mappings if a list appears.
- Select one of the following tabs in the User Profile Mappings dialog box:
- App to Okta User: Select this tab to map attributes from the app to Okta. The app contains the source attributes and Okta is the target.
- Okta User to App: Select this tab to map the flow of attributes from Okta to the app. Okta contains the source attributes and the app is the target.
- Map attributes:
a. Scroll down through the attribute mappings.
b. Make sure the required attributes are mapped. The Okta or app user profile indicates which are required.
c. Use the drop-down to add attributes, or use expressions to add attributes with concatenated or transformed values. For more information about expressions, see Using expressions (transformations).
- Optional. Click to set the push frequency for the attribute. See Using Selective Profile Push.
- Optional. Click Preview to check your mappings.
The results are color coded to make issue identification easier. Green indicates valid mapping or valid mapping without a value. Red indicates invalid mapping and an error message is provided to help you resolve the issue. If the column is empty, there is no mapping for the attribute.
If you are mapping a sensitive attribute, Preview is disabled.
- Click Save Mappings and Apply updates now.