Troubleshoot missing Okta Verify push notifications on iOS devices
If you want to sign in to an Okta-protected app with an Okta Verify push notification but don’t receive the message on your device, use Push Notification Diagnostics to troubleshoot.
Okta Verify features are available based on configurations made by your organization.
Before you begin
- On iPods, push notifications are not supported.
- Ensure that the latest version of Okta Verify is set up on your device. For details, see Set up Okta Verify on iOS devices.
Start this task
- Open Okta Verify and tap your account.
- On the Account Details page tap Push Notification Diagnostics in the Troubleshooting section. The diagnostic tool checks these areas:
- System notification settings
- Push token
- Notification service
- Device time
A green checkmark indicates which areas work as expected.
If errors are detected, a warning appears. Read the messages to learn how to resolve the problem. For example,if you must update your device settings to allow notifications for Okta Verify, tap Settings and change the settings as instructed.
You can also report issues or contact Support from the Notification Diagnostics page.