Set up Okta Verify on Android devices
Okta Verify is an app that helps protect your data, ensuring that only you can access your app accounts.
Okta Verify features are available based on configurations made by your organization.
When you access apps protected by Okta, you select a security method to confirm your identity. If your organization uses Okta Verify, you can select any of these security methods as long as it was configured by your admin:
- A push notification sent to your device
- A temporary six-digit code
- Okta FastPass
To set up Okta Verify on your Android device for the first time, go to your computer and open your organization’s Welcome or Multifactor Authentication (MFA) activation email. Click the sign-in URL to access your organization's Okta End-User Dashboard. Follow the instructions to obtain a QR code. Then, download and install Okta Verify on your device, and scan the QR code displayed on the computer. You can also set up Okta Verify without a QR code.
Before you begin
- Check and confirm that you are using the correct software versions. See Supported platforms, browsers, and operating systems.
- Check if QR code scanning is enabled on your device. A QR code is a universal barcode that your device camera can scan and read. Okta uses QR codes to easily register your device when you set up Okta Verify.
The process for scanning QR codes depends on the device manufacturer. Check the instructions for enabling QR code scanning on your device.
- Open the Welcome or MFA activation email from your administrator. This email includes a link to your organization’s sign-in URL and your username (typically, it’s your email address). You need this information to set up your Okta Verify account. If you didn’t receive an email with instructions, contact your help desk.
Before you set up Okta Verify on Google Pixel 4 XL, ensure that you enabled biometrics on your device. During the account setup, Okta Verify might prompt you to confirm your identity with biometrics.
On Android 12, you can’t enable biometrics if Okta Verify is installed in your work profile. Skip the biometrics enablement step if you can. Contact your organization’s Support team if you’re stuck.
Choose your task
- Set up Okta Verify on your Android device by using a QR code
- Set up Okta Verify on your Android device by signing in to your apps dashboard
- Set up Okta Verify on your Android device by using an activation link or secret key
- Restore Okta Verify on the same Android device
- Add your Okta Verify account to a new Android device from the Dashboard settings page