Get started with Okta Verify on macOS devices
To authenticate with Okta Verify on your desktop, you must install the app and set up an account.
Note for administrators: Okta Verify for macOS is only available on Okta Identity Engine.
To set up Okta Verify on multiple desktop devices, see Add your current Okta Verify account to another macOS device by Bluetooth or Add your Okta Verify account to another Windows device by Bluetooth. You can also enroll in other authenticators such as Yubikey, SMS, or Okta Verify with Push notification and use these security methods to authenticate.
Before you begin
Obtain your organization’s sign-in URL. This might be available in the Welcome/Activation email that you received from your administrator.
Start this task
- If your IT department did not already install Okta Verify on your device, go to the Apple App Store, download Okta Verify, and then install it.
- Open Okta Verify.
- Click Add Account.
- Enter your organization’s sign-in URL.
- Click Next.
- In the browser window, complete the following in the Sign-In Widget:
- Enter your email address, and then click Next.
- Enter your password, and then click Verify.
- In the Touch ID with Okta Verify window, click Next.
If your fingerprint isn’t yet set up for Touch ID, Okta Verify prompts you to add your fingerprint. Click Add fingerprint. Follow the instructions and click Done. Then, click I’ve added a fingerprint.
- Click Enable Touch ID. This page appears if your fingerprint is already set up for Touch ID on your device.
- Scan your finger on the fingerprint reader.
For example, click the Okta Verify desktop shortcut, or if the app is running, from the menu bar extras, click the Okta Verify icon > Open.
Your sign-in URL is the web address you use in your browser to access your company’s portal. It might also be available in the Welcome/Activation email that you received from your administrator.
The Check your browser screen appears, and a browser window opens.
A message confirms that your account was added successfully.
You can now use Okta Verify to authenticate when you access apps.