Test Kerberos application
Testing a Kerberos application involves validating round trips using both SP or IDP tests.
- Configure application debug - Configure the application for either header simulation testing.
- Configure Access Gateway for debug and monitoring - Optionally, configure Access Gateway for debug display and monitoring of generated debug statements.
- Test - Perform normal application testing using production URLs.
- Disable Debug - Disable debug after testing.
Configure application debug
To enable debug for application testing:
- Navigate to the Access Gateway Admin UI console
- From the Topology tab or the Applications tab, open the application.
- Select the Settings pane.
- Expand the Advanced sub-tab.
- Set the Debug toggle to Enable.
- Click Done.
When debugging applications: Consider testing attributes with static known good values. For example, change dynamic IDP based fields to static with known good values.
When debugging policy based applications: Test with no policy or open policy first.
Configure Access Gateway for debug and monitoring
You can optionally configure Access Gateway Management console to output a running display of all system log messages.
To enable this debugging mode and monitor Access Gateway:
- Open a terminal and use SSH to connect to the Access Gateway Management console (ssh oag-mgmt@gw-admin.<domain.tld>).
- Enter 4 - Monitoring.
- Enter 2 - Enable Debug.
- Enter 1 - Monitor logs. This starts the running display of all log messages.
Return to the Access Gateway Admin UI console console. You can test your application and examine the results in the running logs. Use[ctrl][c] to exit the log display.
See Monitor for more details about monitoring, including a list of available commands.
The debug logging level rapidly generates log messages. Always disable debug logging when you've finished examining the logs.
Not disabling debug logging can lead to rapid log file growth, which can result in errors due to lack of storage space.
Completed application testing as required.
- The Applications tab, on the row containing the application, click Goto application > SP Initiated.
- Repeat testing using Goto application > IDP Initiated.
- Repeat testing using each specialized policy URI.
- If required, disable debugging.
If displaying debug statements at the command line:
- Return to the Access Gateway Management console.
- Enter [ctrl][c] to exit the log display.
- Enter 3 - Disable debug.
- Exit the command line console
If application debug is enabled:
- Return to the Access Gateway Admin UI console
- Navigate to the application being tested
- Expand the Setting sub tab.
- Expand the Essentials sub tab.
- Return the Protected Web Resource field back to its original value.
- Expand the Advanced sub tab.
- Set the Debug toggle to Disable.
- Save your changes.