Administer local Identity Providers
You can use local Identity Providers (IdPs) in the absence of an Okta org IdP. This can be useful in certain situations, such as a network outage.
- Identity federation between Access Gateway and Okta tenants/local identity providers.
- Services such as:
- Authorization and authentication support.
- Application data for identification and policy decisions.
- Sign in to the Access Gateway Admin UI.
- Select the Settings tab.
- Select Identity Providers.
- Click + and select Local SAML IDP.
- Enter the following fields:
Required. A unique name that identifies the IdP (for example, My Local IdP). This name is displayed in the list of IdPs.
Required. A unique Access Gateway hosted domain (for example, idp.domain.tld). Must not match any others.
Required. A unique Access Gateway hosted domain name (for example, domain.tld). This must not match existing Access Gateway domain names.
Default Auth Module
Required. An existing Auth Module.
Required. Obtain this attribute from the remote Active Directory (for example, email.).
Name Attribute Format
Required. The name format used in the SAML assertion. Select a format from the dropdown list (for example, Email address).
- Click Okay.
After any addition or update, a validation check runs against the Identity Providers. Valid Identity Provider entries have a status of Valid.