Open metrics ports
Access Gateway communicates over port 8889 using TCP/HTTP.
During this task you configure your firewall to allow communication on port 8889.
Detailed firewall configuration is beyond the scope of this document. Consult the appropriate documentation for information on configuring your firewall. This page is meant as a general guide.
To open port 8889 on your firewall:
- Determine the IP address of all instances of Access Gateway being monitored.
See Determine Access Gateway IP address.
- For each address in the list:
- Add require configuration to allow traffic between monitoring clients, typically Prometheus, and Access Gateway cluster instances.
- Test traffic as required.
- Save all firewall changes.