Access Gateway enables you to monitor the events in your Access Gateway environment using event data that it stores in logs. You can specify the level of log events emitted by system components in the Access Gateway Management console. These components include the Access Gateway Admin UI console, the Access Gateway Management console, NGINX engine, Kerberos, underlying shell scripts, and similar components.
The Access Gateway maximum size for log files is 20 gigabytes.
- Configure log events: You can configure the mode, level, and components of Access Gateway logs. See Command Line Management Console reference.
- Log verbosity: Log verbosity lets you specify the level of granularity for the events in your log. See Manage log verbosity .
- Application-level debug: You can set individual applications to debug logging. This option ignores the log verbosity setting for log events specific to the application. See Troubleshoot applications.
- Log forwarding: Log forwarding allows Access Gateway to relay or export logs to third-party log analysis software. See Configure log forwarders.
- Download logs: Allows admins to download log information for an Access Gateway cluster. See Download log files.
- Log rotation and archiving: Access Gateway rotates logs daily and stores log files for a month. To change your log rotation and archiving schedule, contact Okta Support.