Add an Okta SAML application
This topic describes how to create an Okta Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) application.
Determine the values for the following items:
- Single sign-on URL: SAML Post URL location. This is often referred to as the SAML Assertion Consumer Service (ACS) URL for the target application.
- Audience URI: The application-defined unique identifier that is the intended audience of the SAML assertion. This is often referred to as the SP Entity ID of your application.
Create a direct-access application in your Okta org
- See one of the following topics for instructions:
- In the Configure SAML step, in the SAML Settings section, enter values for these fields:
- Single sign on URL
- Audience URI
- On the page where you provide configuration information about your app integration to Okta, select I'm an Okta customer adding an internal app.
- Complete the rest of the instructions.
Okta bookmark applications require a specific URL for the SAML application.
- Click the name of the newly added application.
- Click the Sign On tab.
- In the SAML 2.0 section of the Settings page, click Identity Provider metadata.
- Select and copy the metadata. This metadata is provided to the SAML application to generate the URL.
The following steps vary based on the SAML application. See the application provider's documentation for obtaining the appropriate URL.
- Go to the SAML application. In this example, go to
- Paste the metadata into the metadata content field and click SUBMIT XML.
Create SAML app integrations