Install and configure the Amazon Web Services command-line interface
While deploying Access Gateway into an Amazon Web Services (AWS) environment, you can use the command-line interface (CLI) to do numerous tasks. This topic describes how to install and configure the AWS CLI.
The AWS CLI install procedure is managed by Amazon and may change without notice. This topic only serves as a guide and isn't intended to be an exhaustive resource. Consult the AWS documentation for details about the CLI and other topics.
Before you begin
You need the following items to perform these procedures:
- An AWS account
- Access to a supported CLI environment, such as Windows, Linux, or Apple OSX
Install the AWS CLI
- Go to the AWS installation and update page.
Go to the AWS CLI install and update instructions section and follow the instructions for your environment.
Create the AWS access key
- Go to the AWS IAM console.
- In the navigation pane, select Users.
- Click the name of the user who needs CLI access.
- Click Security credentials.
- Click Create access key.
- Click Show to display the secret access key and use this value when you configure CLI access.
See the Amazon Web Services Configuration basics page for more information.