Add LDAP data stores
Add an LDAP-based data store to augment application attribute data by accessing external LDAP data.
- Go to your Access Gateway Instance.
- Select the Settings tab.
- Click Data Stores.
- Click +.
- Click Sql Database to add an SQL database or LDAP Database to add an LDAP database.
- When you create a data store for an LDAP database, provide the following information in the Create New DataStore wizard:
Field Description Name Name used to identify the data store (for example, My SQL Datastore). LDAP Connection String URL to LDAP server and port (for example, ldap://myldap.example.com:10362). Bind User Username used to perform reads and writes. For example:
Bind User Password Bind user password. Search DN The base DN from which to perform the search. For example:
Matching Filter The filter used to match records returned from the Search DN. For example:
Fields used in the Matching Filter clause must be defined as attributes for the application. If the field isn't listed as an application attribute, a runtime error occurs. Attributes used exclusively in Where clauses should be marked as don't send. See Manage application attributes.
- Click Not Validated. Okta Access Gateway attempts to validate the connection. If successful, the label changes to Valid.
Manage available fields
After validation, Okta Access Gateway add all fields from a data store to the Available Fields list.
To remove a field from the data store:
- Place the cursor directly before the field to be removed.
- Delete the field.
To add a field to the data store:
- Place the cursor anywhere in the list of fields.
- From the list of unused fields, click the name of a field to add it to the list of available fields.
Activate the data store
Turn on the Active toggle to activate the data store.
- Click Simulate () in the row of the data store.
- For each field in the Matching Filter, enter a value.
- Click Test to run the simulation. Click Close to end.
- Check that the test returns the expected data from the data store for the given values.