Create SWA app integrations using AIW
A SWA app integration provides Single Sign-On (SSO) to external applications that don't support proprietary federated sign-on methods. SWA works with any web-based application.
Before you begin
- In the Admin Console, go to Applications > Applications.
- Click Create App Integration.
- To create a SWA integration, select SWA - Secure Web Authentication as the Sign-on method.
- Click Next.
Task 2: Configure general app settings
- Configure the settings in General App Settings:
- App name: Specify a name for your integration using UTF-8 3-byte characters.
- App's login page URL: Enter the full URL of the sign-in page for your SWA application. This URL may be different from the landing page.
- Advanced Settings > Redirect URL: Click the Show Advanced Settings link to show the Redirect URL field. This additional field allows you to specify a redirect URL for your application.
- App logo: Optional. Add a logo to accompany your integration in the Okta org. The logo file must be PNG, JPG, or GIF format and be smaller than 1 MB in size. For best results, use a PNG image with a transparent background and a landscape orientation. Use a minimum resolution of 420 x 120 pixels to prevent upscaling.
- App visibility: Choose whether to show or hide your integration from your end-users' homepage. Also, choose whether to show or hide your integration from the Okta Mobile app on your end-users devices.
- App type: If your company created the integration and it is not intended for public use, select This is an internal application that we created.
- Configure the settings in How will your users sign in?:
- Who sets the credentials?: Choose who sets the initial password and username credentials: your end users or your org administrator.
- Application username: Choose the format for the default username value when assigning the integration to end users.
- Update application username on: Select how you want the app integration to handle any updates to the user's Okta username.
- Click Finish.
- If your SWA integration is successful, when end users click the tile in their dashboard, the username and password fields are populated and the user signs on to the app automatically.
- Assign applications to users
- Assign an app integration to a group
- If your integration does not behave as expected, contact your Okta Sales representative or Customer Success Manager for assistance.