Automatically update Okta Active Directory agents
Agent auto-update functionality keeps your Okta agents up to date and helps ensure that your org has the latest Okta features. You can auto-update single or multiple agents on demand, or you can schedule the updates to occur outside of business hours to reduce downtime and disruption to your users.
With agent auto-updates, you don't need to uninstall and then reinstall agents whenever a new agent is released. Instead, you select the agents you want to update and the installer removes and then installs the latest version of the agents. When an agent is auto-updated, a record of the event is added to the System Log.
To use agent auto-update functionality, you must download and install Okta Active Directory (AD) agent version 3.8.0 or later. See Download the latest agent version.
- Agent auto-update known limitations
- View Okta Active Directory (AD) agent status information
- Auto-update a single agent on demand
- Auto-update multiple agents on demand
- Retry an on-demand agent auto-update
- Cancel an on-demand agent auto-update
- Schedule agent auto-updates
- Turn an agent auto-update schedule on or off
- Delete an agent auto-update schedule
- Define the behavior for failed agent auto-updates
- Unsubscribe from agent auto-update email notifications
- Download the latest agent version