Verify MFA for RDP sessions
During this task we will verify the end-user sign in process.
- Sign in to a machine which has the RDP client installed. Be sure that this machine can connect to the server into which you want to make a remote connection.
- Enter the name for the RDP client, your username, and password and then, click Connect.
- In the RDP sign in screen that opens, sign in as the user that has the Microsoft RDP (MFA) application assigned in Okta.
In both cases, the value for
usermust match the user name that was used when the app was assigned in Okta
- All users, including those that just set up MFA in the preceding step, are prompted to choose the MFA
authenticatorto use for authentication.
- After providing the second
authenticator, verify the RDP connection to the Windows server. If you cannot sign in, see the Troubleshooting.