Add an inline hook
After creating your external service, you need to connect the external service with Okta and enable it for a particular process flow by adding an inline hook.
- In the Admin Console, go to Workflow > Inline Hooks.
- Click Add Inline Hook, and then select the type of inline hook:
Registration: customizes the handling of user registration requests in Self-Service Registration
SAML: customizes SAML assertions returned by Okta.
Token: customizes tokens returned by Okta API Access Management.
Password Import: verifies a user-supplied password to support migration of users to Okta.
User Import: customizes handling of new users who are imported into Okta from an application.
Telephony: use a telephony service provider to send SMS text messages or voice calls. See Customize your telephony service provider.
- Define the following attributes:
Name: a descriptive name for the inline hook.
URL: the external service's endpoint URL, to which the inline hook sends the request.
Authentication field: optional name of the authorization header.
Authentication secret: optional value string that corresponds to the field name.
Custom header fields: optional field name / value pairs to send with the request.
- Click Save. The inline hook is now active.
- Associate the endpoint with an Okta process flow. This process varies by Inline Hook type.