Okta Mobile end-user experience
Identity Engine doesn't support Okta Mobile (OM), so users can no longer use it to access their apps. Instead, users can access their apps from the Okta End-User Dashboard in a mobile browser.
When an OM user upgrades to Okta Identity Engine, they receive the following message.
When they tap OPEN DASHBOARD, the Okta End-User Dashboard appears in a mobile browse. Okta prompts the user to authenticate (for example, with Okta FastPass) before they can obtain access.
SWA app access from the Okta End-User Dashboard
The mobile End-User Dashboard doesn’t support Secure Web Authentication (SWA) app username and password autofill. You can check if an app's authentication policy allows users to copy their credentials.
- In the Admin Console, go to Applications > Applications.
- Click a SWA app.
- On the Sign On tab, check if the Secure Web Authentication option is selected, and then view your settings. The following settings allow users to copy their credentials:
- User sets username and password or Administrator sets username, user sets password
- Password reveal
For example, if an authentication policy allows end users to copy their credentials, they can follow these steps:
- Tap an app.
A Copy [App] credentials to clipboard? dialog appears.
- Tap Copy, to copy the credentials (and re-authenticate, if prompted).
- Tap Open in new tab.
- Paste the credentials in the sign-on dialog.
SWA access limitation
If they didn't install the Okta Browser Plugin, users can't copy passwords to SWA apps with these policy settings: