Authentication is the process of verifying that a user who attempts to sign in to a resource is who they claim to be. The traditional combination of username and password no longer provides an adequate level of protection. Okta Identity Engine allows you to configure which security methods your users can choose, and set authentication policies and Global Session Policies, to enhance the security of your Okta org beyond that provided by the username and password combination.
- Multifactor Authentication
- Configure MFA to add another layer of security when a user signs in.
- Sign-on policies and rules
- Enforce policies and rules so users sign in with the right level of access that you provide.
- Passwordless authentication
- Combine Global Session Policies and authentication policies to create a passwordless experience for your users.
- Identity Providers
- Set up Identity Providers so your users can sign in to Okta by first authenticating through their social accounts.
- Okta RADIUS Integrations
- Integrate devices that support the RADIUS protocol to delegate authentication to Okta.