Create SWA app integrations
A SWA app integration provides Single Sign-On (SSO) to external applications that don't support proprietary federated sign-on methods. SWA works with any web-based application.
After you successfully create your SWA integration and assign it, end users can click the tile in their dashboard to launch your app. The username and password fields are populated and the user signs on to the app automatically.
Before you begin
- In the Admin Console, go to .
- Click Create App Integration.
- To create a SWA integration, select SWA - Secure Web Authentication as the Sign-on method.
- Click Next.
When you add an app integration from the OIN, Okta generates an Update application event that appears in the System Log. This event reflects the creation of a new instance of an existing app.
When you create an app using the App Integration Wizard (AIW), Okta generates a Create application event that appears in the System Log. This event reflects the creation of a new app.
Task 2: Configure general app settings
- Configure the settings in General App Settings:
- App name: Specify a name for your integration using UTF-8 3-byte characters.
- App's login page URL: Enter the full URL of the sign-in page for your SWA application. This URL can be different from the landing page.
- Show Advanced Settings link to show the Redirect URL field. This additional field allows you to specify a redirect URL for your application. : Click the
- App logo: Optional. Add a logo to accompany your integration in the Okta org. The logo file must be PNG, JPG, or GIF format and be smaller than 1 MB in size. For best results, use a PNG image with a transparent background and a landscape orientation. Use a minimum resolution of 420 x 120 pixels to prevent upscaling.
- App visibility: Choose whether to show or hide your integration from your end-users' homepage. Also, choose whether to show or hide your integration from the Okta Mobile app on your end-users devices.
- App type: If your company created the integration and it isn't intended for public use, select This is an internal application that we created.
- Configure the settings in How will your users sign in?:
- Who sets the credentials?: Choose who sets the initial password and username credentials: your end users or your org administrator.
- Application username: Choose the format for the default username value when assigning the integration to end users.
- Update application username on: Select how you want the app integration to handle any updates to the user's Okta username.
- Click Finish.