Confirm imported Active Directory user assignments
Analysis of incoming Active Directory (AD) users with Okta- matching algorithms occurs during the import process. This determines if there's a match to any existing Okta users or to other imported accounts. Okta creates a duplicate account that mirrors (field mapping and data) and is associated with the imported AD account during import and account creation.
This task requires Super admin or Org admin permissions.
- In the Admin Console, go to .
- Review the imported users and the matching Okta user assignments.
- To modify the Okta user assignments, click the down arrow icon in the upper right corner of the Okta user and select one of these options:
- Exact — The imported AD user must match an existing Okta user exactly.
- New — If there's no existing match, Okta assigns a new Okta user to the imported AD user.
- Existing — You can match an imported AD user with an existing Okta user. Click Specify and begin typing the Okta username. A list of matching usernames appears. Select the correct user from the list.
- Ignore — You can opt to ignore this user. No Okta user assignment occurs.
- Click Confirm Assignments. You can confirm individual assignments or select all checkboxes at once.
- Optional. Select Auto-activate users after confirmation if to activate users immediately.
- Click Confirm.
This completes the assignment process. There should be no more records displayed in the Import Results pane.