Deploy Okta Verify to Android devices
You can install Okta Verify on Android devices using one of the following methods:
- For devices that are not managed, use one of the following methods:
- Allow end users to download Okta Verify directly from Google Play.
- Allow end users to download Okta Verify from a server location that you set up. This method is useful for users at locations where Google Play is not available to download Okta Verify from (for example, in China). In the Admin Console, go to Settings > Downloads, click Download Latest for Okta Verify for Android, and then save the APK file on a server location that is accessible to users. Inform users that they must configure their devices to allow apps from sources other than Google Play before they can install Okta Verify.
- For devices that are managed, use your device management solution to deploy Okta Verify to devices, using one of the following methods:
When Google services are not available, several features of Okta Verify are not functional. This includes, but is not limited to, the ability for end users to authenticate into your org using push notifications from Okta Verify.
Okta strongly discourages off-market distribution of Okta Verify. Okta recommends that you install Okta Verify from Google Play whenever possible. Use an alternative installation method only when the Google Play is unavailable.
Configure your device management tool to download Okta Verify from Google Play, and then deploy it to targeted end-user devices. This deployment method supports your device management tool's auto-update feature.
- In the Admin Console, go to Settings > Downloads.
- For Okta Verify for Android, click Download Latest.
An APK file with the latest version of Okta Verify for Android is downloaded.
- Configure your device management tool to deploy the app (APK file) to targeted end-user devices.
This deployment method does not support auto-update. To deploy new versions of the app, manually download Okta Verify from the Okta Admin Console, and then configure your device management tool to deploy the app to devices.