Configure Cygwin for Okta Privileged Access
Windows users can install Cygwin, which provides GNU and open-source tools that provide similar functionality to that of Linux operating systems. To work correctly with Okta Privileged Access, users must configure ProxyCommand to work with Cygwin.
Before you begin
- Download and install Cygwin.
- Install the openssh package for Cygwin.
- Install the Okta Privileged Access client on your local device. See Install the Okta Privileged Access client.
- Start a local terminal in Cygwin. By default, this opens to your home directory (~).
- Create an .ssh directory with the following command:
- Edit the SSH configuration file with the following command:
cat <<ADDTEXT >> .ssh/config.
Note: ADDTEXT is a delimiter that's used to determine when to stop accepting input for the configuration file.
- Enter the following commands into the terminal:
# Configures ProxyCommand for use with Okta Privileged Access Match exec "/cygdrive/c/Users/Admin/AppData/Local/Apps/ScaleFT/bin/sft.exe resolve -q %h" ProxyCommand "/cygdrive/c/Users/Admin/AppData/Local/Apps/ScaleFT/bin/sft.exe" proxycommand %h UserKnownHostsFile /cygdrive/c/Users/Admin/AppData/Local/ScaleFT/proxycommand_known_hosts ADDTEXT
Note: You may need to modify the file paths to match the specific installation path on your device.
- Save the configuration file.