When an error occurs during the sign-in flow, Okta can display a custom error page to users that's consistent with your custom sign-in page and URL domain. Use the embedded code editor to get started.
Before you begin
- You must be a super admin or an org admin, or have a role with customizations permissions.
- Set a theme for your org.
- If you plan to use the code editor, you need to first associate the brand with a custom domain. See Customize domain and email address.
- Optional. If you’ve already used the code editors for the error page but want to use custom branding instead, go to the editor pages and toggle the Code editor off. Customizations that you made with the code editors will overwrite branding for those pages.
- If you're using a custom domain and want to use a custom error page, you must customize the default CSP for the domain.
Apply your theme
- In the Admin Console, go to .
- Select a brand.
- Go to the Pages tab, and then click Edit or Configure for Error pages.
- Choose a style from the Base style panel.
To open the code editor, turn on the toggle next to Code editor. For detailed information on usage and set up, see the Customize the Hosted Error Pages guide.
- Click Save and publish.