Test a server sync job
Testing a server sync job is a highly recommended (but optional) step that ensures that the sync job can correctly discover and assign your servers. After completing a test, Advanced Server Access creates a CSV file that lists any servers that match your assignment rules.
During testing, gateways sometimes fail to return results to the Advanced Server Access platform. If the test status lists Test queued or Test running for an extended period, this is likely the cause. To resolve this issue, delete and recreate the Server Sync job before running the test again.
Before you begin
Start this task
- Open the Advanced Server Access dashboard.
- Go to Connections and select an existing connection.
- Go to the Server Sync tab.
- Identify a job and click the job name.
- In the job details window, click Run Test.
- After Advanced Server Access completes the test, click View details.
Advanced Server Access prepares a CSV file with the test results. Review the test results to check the validity of the assignment rules and attribute mapping. Teams may need to adjust the job and run the test again.