About Access Gateway deployment
Deploying Okta Access Gateway on your own hosted solution or on a cloud-based computing platform (such as AWS), is a well defined set process. Access Gateway is a high-performance appliance that is installed within your hosting solution of choice . It leverages your DNS and networking solutions to protect applications and services. As Access Gateway leverages your existing solutions, there are specific tasks that must be completed as part of the installation.
Tasks to deploy Access Gateway in your environment include:
- Review all prerequisite tasks, including sizing and capacity planning detailed in Prerequisites for deploying Access Gateway.
- Choose an appropriate hosting environment for the Access Gateway virtual appliance.
The Supported technologies describes all supported technologies and virtualization environments.
- Download and install the latest OVA. Depending on environment selected, the deployment and configuration of Access Gateway varies. See Manage Access Gateway deployment for the complete list of supported virtualization environments.
- Perform required post installation initialization tasks as described in Post deploy tasks.
- About Access Gateway deployment tasks
- Prerequisites for deploying Access Gateway
- Capacity planning and sizing
- Supported technologies