Automatically update Okta agents
This is an Early Access feature. To enable it, use the Early Access Feature Manager as described in Manage Early Access and Beta features.
Agent auto-update functionality keeps your Okta agents up to date and helps ensure your org has the latest Okta features. You can auto-update single or multiple agents on demand, or you can schedule the updates to occur outside of business hours to reduce downtime and disruption to your users.
With agent auto-updates, you don't need to uninstall and then reinstall agents whenever a new agent is released. Instead, you select the agents you want to update and the installer removes and then installs the latest version of the agents.
To use agent auto-update functionality, you must download and install Okta Active Directory (AD) agent version 3.8.0 or later. See Download the latest agent version.
- Agent auto-update known limitations
- View Okta Active Directory (AD) agent status information
- Auto-update a single agent on demand
- Auto-update multiple agents on demand
- Retry an on-demand agent auto-update
- Cancel an on-demand agent auto-update
- Schedule agent auto-updates
- Turn an agent auto-update schedule on or off
- Delete an agent auto-update schedule
- Define the behavior for failed agent auto-updates
- Unsubscribe from agent auto-update email notifications
- Download the latest agent version