Integrate Slack with Okta
- Add the Slack app to Okta if it has not been added previously:
In the Admin Console, go to Applications > Applications.
- Click Add Application.
- In the Search for an application field, enter Slack.
- Select Add for Slack
- In the General Settings page, complete the fields and click Next.
- In the Sign On Methods section of Sign-On Options, select a sign on option. If you select SAML 2.0, click View Setup Instructions and follow the instructions.
- Scroll down and click Done.
- If you added the Slack app previously, on the OktaAdmin Console click Applications and select Slack in the list of applications.
- Click the Provisioning tab, click Configure API Integration, and select the Enable API Integration check box.
- Click Authenticate with Slack.
The Slack application opens in a new window.
Sign in to Slack and click Authorize.
The Slack window closes, you are returned to the Okta Admin Console, and the message Slack was verified successfully appears.
- Click Save.
- Optional. Change the Okta to Slack provisioning settings:
- Click the Provisioning tab and select To App in the SETTINGS list.
- Select the Enable check box for the Create Users, Update User Attributes, or Deactivate Users options.
- Click Save.
- Optional. Assign users to the Slack app. See Assign applications to users.