The Okta End-User Dashboard and Okta Browser Plugin greatly improve productivity and ease of access for end users by allowing immediate shortcuts to apps provisioned by your org.
Okta End-User Dashboard
The following sections provide more information about the enhancements added to the Okta End-User Dashboard, as well as any functionality that is removed or temporarily unavailable.
The dashboard features the following enhancements:
- Any device
- The user experience design is fully responsive and works seamlessly across all devices.
- Improves screen reader support, color contrast, and keyboard navigation.
- Display preference
- End users can create customizable layouts of app cards in either a list or a grid view. The dashboard also includes a configurable Recently Used section. See Recently used applications.
- Side-navigation design
- Makes it easier for end users to find everything they need in one place, this navigation offers the option to add new features.
- Sections replace tabs
- A single-view panel with various sections means users no longer have to switch back and forth between tabs to find their applications.
- Enhanced search
- Enables users to find whatever they need, when they need it, faster than before and even if they make a spelling mistake.
- Onboarding guides
- Provides a guided walk-through to help end users understand how to use the dashboard.
- Browser plugin onboarding
- After the plugin is installed by the user or silently by a group policy, the browser shows an onboarding banner describing how to use the Okta Browser Plugin.
- Recent sign-ins
- End users can track recent sign-ins and immediately report any suspicious activity. This feature is only available in the new dashboard for orgs that use the adaptive MFA feature.
- Use resources such as email templates to help you communicate any changes that are coming to the Okta End-User Dashboard and Okta Browser Plugin with our End User Adoption Toolkit.
- Branding features
- You can use the branding features to add themes or colors to your dashboard.
On the Okta End-User Dashboard, the recommended app assignment limits for end users have increased. You can assign up to 5000 apps, an increase from the limit of 2000.
The dashboard doesn't affect the user interface or the settings for the following functions:
- Sign-in page customization. For example, sign-in flows, reset password flows, self-service unlock flows
Translation for 26 supported languages
- User Settings page
- Loading pages
- User onboarding flow
Some functions are unsupported in the new experience. If you require one of these features for your org, contact Okta Support for assistance.
Secure my Mac flows from the Dashboard
Badges for new app integrations
If an org enables the Device Trust feature, apps that can't be accessed from an untrusted device appear with a gray color and a locked icon. In the new Okta End-User Dashboard, these apps don't display a locked icon but are inaccessible to users when accessed from an untrusted device.
Control access to the Okta End-User Dashboard
Disable Okta communications to end users