Configure a default app for the Sign-In Widget
You can specify where to redirect end users when they visit your custom or org URL directly and Okta doesn't know which app they are trying to access (app context). Authentication flows initiated by applications are unaffected. Authenticated users in that case are still redirected to the initiating app, not the custom redirect URL that you configure in this procedure.
Additionally, you can use this setting to manage where to redirect users following password and MFA resets, user recovery, and other recovery flows. In this way, this feature lets you hide the Okta Dashboard from your end users by sending them instead to a different default application or domain that you specify.
This feature also overrides any default redirect URL that may be configured.
If you've enabled Early Access (EA) multibrand customization, your Admin Console navigation is different. See parenthetical notes.
- In the Admin Console, go to . Or, if you enabled multibrand customization, go to , and then select the brand you want.
- (EA users: On the Pages tab in the Sign-in page section, click Configure.)
- (EA users: On the Sign-in page section, click Settings.)
- In the Default Application for Sign-In Widget section, click Edit.
- Enter an AppLink.
- Click Save. (EA users: Click Save to draft.)
Configure a custom application error page