Install and configure Epic Hyperdrive in Okta
During this task administrators will:
- Define the groups that will be authenticated by the Epic Hyperdrive application.
- Select authentication factors.
- Add and configure the Epic Hyperdrive application.
- Download and store application certificate.
Newly created groups are intended for use with configured MFA factors.
- Define the groups that will be authenticated by the Epic Hyperdrive application:
- Sign in to your Okta tenant as an administrator.
- In the Admin Console, go to Directory > Groups.
- Click Add Group.
- Complete the fields in the Add group dialog and click Save.
- Add people to the group. See Users, groups, and profiles.
- Select authentication factors:
- In the Admin Console, go to Security > Multifactor.
- Select the Factor Types tab.
- Activate factors by selecting a factor and clicking Inactive > Activate.
See also MFA.
- Add and configure the Epic Hyperdrive application:
- Go to the Applications page.
- Click Add Application.
- Enter Epic Hyperdrive EPCS in the search field, select Epic Hyperdrive EPCS (MFA).
- Click Add and then click Done.
- Select the General tab and record the values in the Client ID and Client secret fields.
If required, click Edit button to change the Application label value.
Click Show button to display the hidden value of the Client secret.
These values are used during the Install the Okta Hyperdrive Agent task.
- Download and store the application certificate:
- Select the Sign On tab.
- Scroll to the SAML Signing Certificates section.
- On the row with the appropriate certificate select Actions > Download certificate.
The default certificate, listed first and typically inactive, should not be used.
- Store the certificate securely and provide to Epic Technical services as required for configuring Epic Hyperdrive.
See Configure Hyperdrive to integrate with Okta for additional details..