Submit requests from Microsoft Teams
Users can submit requests directly fromMicrosoft Teamsif you have integrated Microsoft Teams with Access Requests and you have one or more active Request Types. They can manage the entire lifecycle of a request through a Microsoft Teams chat. Any messages and actions within Microsoft Teams are also reflected in the Access Requests web app.
By default, all users can view requests. You can mark a submitted request as private or you can update your team settings to mark all incoming requests for the team as private.
Users can submit requests from Microsoft Teams using natural language:
- Open a Microsoft Teams chat that includes the Okta bot. Alternatively, locate the Okta app in Microsoft Teams.
- Enter a request using natural language.
- Review the response from the bot and verify that the information is correct.
- Click Continue.
- Enter the required information in the dialog.
- Click Submit to create the request. Any changes or updates to the request are immediately reflected in the same Microsoft Teams chat.
After users interact with the Okta bot or app once, they automatically receive a notification when an action is assigned to them or they’re mentioned on a request.
Users can cancel a submitted request using the Access Requests web app if a team member or approver hasn't taken any action on it. They receive a cancellation notification based on the notification preferences that they’ve set up.
Access Requests also cancels a request if the requester's access to the Access Requests web app is revoked or their status in Okta changes to suspended or deactivated.