Test the SAML pass through application
To test a SAML pass through application, we first enable debug and start monitoring and then test the application normally. The following topics describe the process.
- Configure application for testing
- Configure Access Gateway for debug and monitoring
- Test application
- Disable application and Access Gateway debug
To configure an application for
- Navigate to the Access Gateway Admin UI console
- From the Topology tab or the Applications tab, open the application.
- Select the Settings pane.
- Expand the Advanced sub-tab.
- Set the Debug toggle to Enable.
- Click Done.
When debugging header based applications: Consider testing attributes with static known good values. For example, change dynamic IDP based fields to static with known good values.
When debugging policy based applications: Test with no policy or open policy first.
The AcceAccess Gateway Management console can be used to provide a running display of all system log messages. In this optional section we enable debug and monitor Access Gateway using this functionality.
- Open a terminal window and connect to the Access Gateway Management console.
- Enter 4 - Monitor.
- Enter 2 - Enable debug.
- Enter 1 - Monitor logs.
The AccessAccess Gateway Management console will then begin displaying log messages.
- Connect to your Okta org as a user in the group associated with the book mark application created in task Add an Okta bookmark application.
- Click the bookmark application icon to connect to the SAML applicaiton.
- Repeat as required to test.
- Return to the Access Gateway Management console.
- Enter [ctrl][c] to exit the monitor display as required.
- Enter 3 - Disable debug.
- Exit the command line console
- Return to the Access Gateway Admin UI console
- Navigate to the application being tested
- Expand the Setting sub tab.
- Expand the Advanced sub tab.
- Set the Debug toggle to Disable.
- Save your changes.