Add existing app integrations
The Okta Integration Network (OIN) contains thousands of prepared app integrations. As an admin, you can add these integrations to your org and assign them to your end users. After end users sign in to their Okta End-User Dashboard, these app integrations appear on their dashboard, giving them one-click access to the applications they need.
This topic covers adding and setting up app integrations that already exist in the OIN. They only require the administrator to add the integration and configure it to work with their particular Okta instance and configuration.
About admin roles for this task
The administrator running this task must be a super admin for the Okta org.
After the app integration is added to the Okta org, app admins can configure and assign user access to the app integrations for which they are responsible.
Before you begin
The admin must be signed in to the Okta Admin Console.
Add an app integration
To add an existing app integration to your org:
- In the Admin Console, go to Applications > Applications.
- Click Browse App Catalog.
- To search for the app integration, perform one of these two options:
- Type the name of the specific app integration into the Search... bar. You can click the name in the drop-down list or click See All Results to have everything displayed as tiles in the main panel. Click the tile to open the details page for the app integration.
- Select one of the CATEGORIES and then use the optional FILTERS to narrow the results. When you see the tile for the app integration in the main panel, click to open the details page for the app integration.
- Determine if this is the correct app integration for your needs. The Overview tab on the details page shows a detailed description of the app integration and, if available, the Okta verification status:
- Okta Verified: This integration was created either by Okta or by Okta community users, then tested and verified by Okta.
- Community Created or Unverified: This integration was created by the community and has shown some evidence of quality, such as active usage or multiple community members using it. However, Okta hasn't tested this app integration, and it isn't officially supported.
For SWA app integrations, you can't configure the sign-in options when Sync Password is configured as a provisioning option.
- Create Only: The Okta username is exchanged with the external application when the admin first assigns the app integration to the user. Any future updates to the Okta username aren't applied to the external account.
- Create and Update: The Okta username is exchanged with the external application when the admin first assigns the app integration to the user. If their profile is updated later, Okta updates the username with the external application. See Automatically update an app username.
Okta adds an instance of the app integration to your org, and you can now assign it to your end users. See "Assign applications" on The Applications Page.
If you need to update the settings for your app integration, including changing sign-in options, see Configure settings for app integrations.