Change the Okta Active Directory agent user
Change the Okta Active DirectoryActive Directory (AD) is a directory service that Microsoft developed for the Windows domain networks. It is included in most Windows Server operating systems as a set of processes and services. Initially, Active Directory was only in charge of centralized domain management. agentA software agent is a lightweight program that runs as a service outside of Okta. It is typically installed behind a firewall and allows Okta to tunnel communication between an on-premises service and Okta's cloud service. Okta employs several agent types: Active Directory, LDAP, RADIUS, RSA, Active Directory Password Sync, and IWA. For example, users can install multiple Active Directory agents to ensure that the integration is robust and highly available across geographic locations. user name when responsibility for managing the agent changes.
- Sign in to the server running the Okta AD agent.
- From the Start menu, type run, then type services.msc.
- Locate the Okta AD Agent Service.
- Right-click Okta AD Agent Service and select Properties.
- Select the Log On tab and change the account credentials.
- Restart the service.
- Sign in to the Okta AdminAn abbreviation of administrator. This is the individual(s) who have access to the Okta Administrator Dashboard. They control the provisioning and deprovisioning of end users, the assigning of apps, the resetting of passwords, and the overall end user experience. Only administrators have the Administration button on the upper right side of the My Applications page. Console, click Dashboard, and confirm that the circle next to the agent name is green.